EPIC weekend
Preview, Discuss & Connect
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Johnny2lips
2 posts
May 24, 2011
11:02 AM
Hats off and harps held high to Adam and Jeff for a truly special weekend. I rode a high 740 miles home to NC... and I have riffs and melodies still running through my head. I'm already planning my trip for next year. Thanks again guys. I'll post some pics when I get around to unpacking my car and find my camera.
WeHarpin
1 post
May 25, 2011
5:19 AM
Many thanks to Adam and Jeff for organizing such a GREAT event. And the lessons we learned from the professionals were invaluable - not to mention the entertainment they provided! I can't wait to come back next year.
kudzurunner
78 posts
May 25, 2011
4:35 PM
Thanks, guys. Jeff and I are happy, too. We got to dream up a dream-lineup of harp player/teachers and then make it a reality. The venue, and our Hollowell hosts, is a crucial part of what made it work. The Mississippi location. The weather, which was pretty darn good: not too hot, not too cool, not too wet, not too dry. Sugar Blue and Jason Ricci showed us where the blues harmonica is headed; Charlie Sayles showed us where the soul of the damned thing is hiding out; Mr. Satan held down the Elder Chair; Alex Paclin and Brandon leaned waaaaaaaaaaay forward. And my stomach lining and case-hardened b-lls held it all together. :)

Mucho fun. Whew! And hard to communicate in its true dirty-South majesty to someone who wasn't actually there, under the pavilion, sippin' that stuff........
crawfishdave
6 posts
May 26, 2011
10:20 AM
I felt like I was total immersion baptized in Hill County blues. It was the whole package ... heat and humidity, north Mississippi dirt and mud, soul food to die for, real-deal southern hospitality, mosquitoes(and at least one tick), that warm, clear elixir that was being passed around, and non-stop harmonica playing of the highest level. I met a lot of great people ... most of them named Dave, but also Leland, Glenn, Doug, Bill, Alan, Dan (not Gage), Todd, Brian and the wild contingent from New Orleans. Then to look around Sunday afternoon and see the likes of Kenny Brown and Duwayne Burnside as part of the crowd ... that was pretty cool, too. Well done, Adam and Jeff. The drive back to Pennsylvania was an ordeal, but well worth every mind-numbing mile. I've posted some photos if anyone is interested. See you all next year!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.1941997582990.2110412.1033967922

Last Edited by on Nov 02, 2011 11:18 AM
Margie
8 posts
May 29, 2011
6:41 AM
Someone said for a beginner at camp. it must have been intimidating -- exactly the opposite was true. You guys were inspirational, believe me --and everyone -- Les, Rocky and Jay gave me private lessons. Plus, I jammed with & the Crescent City gang. It doesn't get any better than that. AND Harvey Harp took apart not one of my harps, but TWO! My A harp had only been blown once, but I couldn't draw many notes. Harvey generously opened it up to discover there was nothing wrong with it at all. It was me! So, to steal from Lance, It's not about the harp!
Frank
12 posts
Jun 07, 2011
8:45 AM
It's now two weeks that I'm back in Berlin and I'm still wondering what all that was about. It is more about inhaling than exhaling right? It seems to me that it is also much more about giving than taking because I met so many wonderful people who shared so much knowledge, inspiration and fun with each other so that I came back as a rich man.
Thank you Adam and Jeff, all you great players and teachers and all you wonderful people for an experience I will never forget. F
Margie
10 posts
Jun 10, 2011
3:48 PM
Does anyone know if there is any kind of holiday or National Harmonica Day or anything like that? Either in America or anywhere in the world?
Margie
11 posts
Jun 10, 2011
3:48 PM
Does anyone know if there is any kind of holiday or National Harmonica Day or anything like that? Either in America or anywhere in the world?

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.