Update on the Crescent City Jam on Thursday
Preview, Discuss & Connect
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

HarveyHarp
16 posts
May 17, 2011
3:48 PM
OK, here is the latest news. The backup band had the opportunity to get a real gig, so I understand, and will not be at The commissary, and it is too late and scary to find one that wants to play for free.

However, we will be there, and we will have a couple of amps, and some microphones, and maybe some backing tracks, and some percussions items such as a Cajon, Cajun Washboard, Tamborine, and who knows what else. Jason Ricci will also be there, and so who knows what will wind up happening. The worst case is that we drink a little beer play a little accoustic harmonica, and Have a Hill Country Harmonica Club meeting. Wow, I just started a new club.

Also, I will have some of my Harmonica tools with me, so I will be more than willing to share information with you, and perhaps fix some minor problems and tuning issues, and perhaps talk about harmonica customization.

See you there.
JBharmonica
2 posts
May 17, 2011
3:56 PM
I will answer the call and bring my guitar and harps and play!!!!
Harvey...email me at jbustillos@gmail.com
JB
pharpo
26 posts
May 17, 2011
4:50 PM
Bags r packed----be in Clarksdale tomorrow afternoon...got a date at ABE's for some BBQ !!! See you on Thursday !
Beltone
4 posts
May 17, 2011
6:25 PM
@pharpo going to get down!
toddlgreene
71 posts
May 18, 2011
7:08 AM
We'll pull it off, don't worry. It'll be a blast! A nice warm-up for Red's and the rest of the weekend. Anyone reading this who happens to play another instrument, bring it on! See y'all at the Commissary around 5.
Kingobad
36 posts
May 18, 2011
10:03 AM
I'm already bringing an acoustic guitar. I'm not very good, but I can get the point across in a few different ways. I also have a snare and brushes - again - even worse with those, but I'll bring 'em anyway.
JBharmonica
5 posts
May 20, 2011
5:55 AM
I had a great time last night guys! CCHC has a great group
of guys and it was a pleasure making music with you!!!

JB
Beltone
5 posts
May 21, 2011
5:58 AM
Thanks JB, you were the saving grace and made it all work thanks for working so hard with us to get everyone playing!
toddlgreene
73 posts
May 21, 2011
6:22 AM
Another thank you and big kudos for JB! You were the savior of our jam. Great to meet you and play with you. You are a great guy and gifted musician, and I hope we cross paths more often!
toddlgreene
75 posts
May 24, 2011
8:17 AM
Oh, I gotta thank KingoBad from bringing and playing his snare with brushes-that was a HUGE help(and saved my hands from total destruction on the cajon!)
Kingobad
39 posts
May 24, 2011
1:26 PM
HA! My pleasure. I had a blast and got to back up some fantastic players. Getting the chance to rock it out with Deak was certainly a highlight of my weekend - even if I wasn't playing harp. You guys were awesome and I'm damn glad to have met you all....
toddlgreene
77 posts
May 25, 2011
5:14 AM
I think that if we decide to repeat the jam next year, we will pony up and outright pay a band. I actually met and jammed with the band who was supposed to be there at Ground Zero later that evening! Female bass player walked up to me and asked where we were from, and told me that she was part of the band that would have been there, but they got a guarantee, which I certainly don't blame them for taking. They were pretty good, too. But, we all collectively made it happen anyway, and it was a fun part of a great weekend!

I believe pharpo videoed the Hopson jam, as well as damn near everything else! I'd like to see it when he gets time to fool with it.

Last Edited by on May 25, 2011 5:15 AM

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.