Food question
preview, discuss, connect
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

theATL
14 posts
May 13, 2012
6:41 AM
Can someone tell me about how food works at HCH? As a beginner planning on taking the 8:30 class, should I plan on my own breakfast? My own coffee? I sure will need it at that time of day.
FatPat
31 posts
May 13, 2012
7:36 AM
I think I'll buy a coffee maker for the cabin!
pharpo
51 posts
May 13, 2012
8:54 AM
There will be coffee (to purchase) there....and breakfast @ 9:00
theATL
15 posts
May 13, 2012
2:20 PM
Thanks Pat! We will definitely have to figure something out. But I expected I would be heading out *way* earlier than you. Perhaps I am wrong. Don't buy a coffee maker - I am sure I have something here I can bring.

Do the Cabins have a kitchen?

Brad
atty1chgo
12 posts
May 13, 2012
6:43 PM
I didn't find the coffee to be of the highest quality, but maybe I'm spoiled. It was not unlike the old McDonalds brew of years past. Still, if you have a fave coffee, there are inexpensive small coffee makers that run off the cigarette lighter jack in your car. An investment in one of these machines pays many dividends on the road where it can be hit or miss on either availability or quality. If it is a plug in model you need, second hand stores or even dollar stores sell them cheaply. Even a decent Mr. Coffee model is only $15.00 at Wal-Mart.
kudzurunner
96 posts
May 13, 2012
11:35 PM
The Hollowells will be cooking up some basic breakfast stuff for a la carte purchase, I'm sure. One thing Jeff and I will clarify this week is exactly what time they'll start all that. I'm hoping they'll serve breakfast coffee starting at 7:30 and breakfast by 8 at the latest. I'll ask them about that.
theATL
16 posts
May 14, 2012
10:31 AM
Thanks Adam - I will be prepared to take care of myself for breakfast just in case, since I expect us beginners will be the only ones moving early in the morning. I promise to keep the dog whistle noises on the high notes to a minimum ;-).

Brad

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.