preview, discuss, connect
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

lynn
1 post
Apr 19, 2012
5:58 AM
Hi all,

Just registered for the event and am greatly looking forward to it.

I'd like to bring some kind of device down with me to record the workshops. Can anyone recommend something relatively cheap (~$200) and user-friendly for someone who's not a big electronic geek? Like an ipod touch maybe?

Last Edited by on Apr 19, 2012 5:58 AM
BamaDave
5 posts
Apr 19, 2012
10:09 AM
I just bought a Sony. I don't remember the number but its the first that pops up on Amazon. Cost about 75. I can use it in my business. It doesn't use a tape. Records as MP3. Supposedly has enough memory to record the entire camp. It also takes a mini-sd chip as well. I've used it for about a week. It works well and is incredibly light. It can be used for alot of more complex chores, but the simple recording is pretty straight forward. Look forward to seeing you
FatPat
23 posts
Apr 19, 2012
12:08 PM
I have a ZOOM Q3 audio/video recorder which does an outstanding job on the audio! It also has a TV out line so you can watch it on your big screen. Paid 89.00 from an eBay vendor. I missed it on the auction but they sold me one at the same price from their brick and mortar music store. USB connector built in and you can upload direct to YouTube. I've got a 32 gb card so I should be good! Good quality on the video as well, they make a HD version but it's about 300 bucks.
Tachee
2 posts
Apr 19, 2012
3:46 PM
Check out the selection at MusiciansFriend.com, or guitarcenter.com. They have everything. I have a Zoom H1. Great sound quality, mp3, digital. About $100.00. I've already recorded on it and been happy with the results. Then upload the recording into your DAW (audacity - free!), mix away and then you're in business selling millions of of cd's. LOL!

Tascam has a single track recorder in the same price range. In the $200 range, you should have your choice of multi-track recorders.

In retrospect I should have spent the extra hundred to buy a multitrack recorder bec I like to...well, multitrack!Bottom line is that these things are inexpensive now, have great sound, and are easy to use (correction: simple to use). You'll be happy with whatever you buy.
lynn
2 posts
Apr 22, 2012
9:43 AM
Thanks for the recommendations y'all. I've got some research to do.
atty1chgo
5 posts
May 12, 2012
4:54 PM
We are bringing a Leica and a HD Panasonic to record the festivities.

As far as recording the artists, I know that Billy Branch does not usually mind it, but I don't know about the other artists. Sugar Blue did not want us to record last year. So check before you film.
gheumann
32 posts
May 12, 2012
8:02 PM
I have a Roland Edirol R-09 - a few years old already and does a FANTASTIC job. You can get them cheap on eBay and elsewhere.
----------
BlowsMeAway Productions
http://www.BlowsMeAway.com
Sruvane
5 posts
May 14, 2012
8:17 PM
I use my iPad with voice recorder APP (free). There's a professional version of the same APP that's about $5. You can also put this APP on a smart phone or iTouch. Play back wasn't so loud so I added an external speaker...about $14, plugs into the headphone jack. Love it.
paulbunyn
5 posts
May 17, 2012
6:26 AM
I have a SONY, ($75 @ Walmart). It came with a cd (sound organizer) program that works much like "The Amazing Slow Downer" Very nice. I would like it to be a little louder but it is probably just my not being use to it yet.

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.