HCH jams
preview, discuss, connect
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Dhammer
6 posts
Apr 03, 2012
3:29 AM
Should I bring my own microphone for the jams? or is there a rig onstage that everybody who gets up to play can use?
pharpo
40 posts
Apr 03, 2012
3:52 AM
There will be a mic there
atty1chgo
13 posts
May 13, 2012
6:49 PM
Probably a bullet mic of some sort. That's what (I guess) most people use, so than rather have a mini-revolt, that's what has been on stage for both years at the jams. I don't care for them myself, but I'll manage I guess.
gheumann
35 posts
May 13, 2012
8:42 PM
If its OK with Adam I will provide an Ultimate 57 and a BlowsMeAway bullet for the jams - so those who prefer a stick mic can use one.

I WILL be providing harp and vocal mics for Deak's jam Friday night.

----------
BlowsMeAway Productions
http://www.BlowsMeAway.com

Last Edited by on May 13, 2012 8:42 PM
pharpo
54 posts
May 13, 2012
9:23 PM
It doesn't get any better than that !!!!
kudzurunner
95 posts
May 13, 2012
11:32 PM
That's great, Greg. I have nothing to do with the jam this time around--it's all Deak's thing, he makes the decisions--but I heartily approve.
gheumann
36 posts
May 14, 2012
7:18 AM
Adam - I think DHammer was referring to the evening jams at HCH, not Deak's jam. I spoke to Deak a while back and have already arranged to cover his jam.
----------
BlowsMeAway Productions
http://www.BlowsMeAway.com
Dhammer
14 posts
May 15, 2012
12:14 AM
Yes - I was asking about the Saturday and Sunday night jams at HCH
kudzurunner
97 posts
May 15, 2012
4:52 AM
Sorry about that! Well, yes, that's a great question. As far as amps go, I'll certainly have my '55 Bassman there--original, not RI--and everybody is free to play through it. My mic doesn't do particularly well through that, so I hope Greg will donate one of his babies to the cause. I'll also let folks play through the early 60s Premier Twin-8 that I bought from Tom Weston; we'll mic that up through the PA so it will be loud enough--and again, I won't have a good mic that I can lend out, so it would be a good idea if somebody had something.

There obviously won't be time for each player to plug his/her own mic in and out during the jam. We'll need "general use" mics. I'm sure those will show up. But it might be a good idea to bring your own mic, simply to have it for whatever OTHER use-situation might show up.

Last Edited by on May 15, 2012 4:53 AM
atty1chgo
14 posts
May 15, 2012
7:55 AM
I'll be bringing some of my mics primarily to hear how certain mics that I have sound through a tube amp, which I do not have. I am also interested in hearing a demo of Greg's mics, and the jams will be some very excellent opportunities to do so.

Guys and gals, this is REALLY shaping up to be a very fine weekend of music, fellowship, and all things blues harmonica. I am so fortunate to have the opportunity to attend.

Last Edited by on May 15, 2012 7:57 AM

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.